Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Menu Calender


Well, I didn't have a baby today (so far at least) but I did finish a really cool project. While I am definitely not one to scrapbook or make cards, I am pretty proud of my paper creation. I have always had a hard time deciding what to make for dinner. I tried writing out a menu, but things come up and I end up switching everything around and getting frustrated. So I got the idea from a lady in my ward to make this menu calender with slots for each day. You write down all your favorite meals on tabs. Each month you put the different meal tabs in each day and so you have an idea of what you are making that week/ month. If you change your mind it is really easy to switch days and look ahead. I also put colored dots in the corners of the tab for quick and easy meals and also for Mexican, Italian, and chicken dishes so I don't have the same thing in a row. I am excited to try it out and see how it works. It was fun to make and got my mind off of being huge and prego (at least for a while).

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Rachel! It looks really great. I have to admit, I felt really old being referred to as "a lady in your ward". :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I am going to have to try it! Don't get discouraged with the baby thing, she knows what she is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Way to go being all productive while you're still pregnant... much better than I ever did! Anyway, your calendar looks great, and is such a good idea--I'm going to have to make myself one of these, so we stop eating the same stuff all the time.

    (In case you didn't know, this is Jessie Kilger... I found your page off of Janet's, I hope it's ok that I'm reading here...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,
    I loved your menu chart! You and Stacie better watch out or I just might hit you up to do an enrichment class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea.. you are such a creative little thang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, I feel like a proud parent/ sister looking at your menu calendar. You may have just passed me up in the craftiness category

    ReplyDelete