Monday, May 10, 2010

Home Project: Day 5

Sorry for the delay. I know everyone is at the edge of their seat with our home improvement project and I hate to leave you hanging after the extreme adventures of days 1-4. This past weekend was killer and I am just now recovered enough to report on our latest antics.
Friday, day 5 dawned bright and earlier with Kennedy and I setting off for a day of child care. I friend of ours in the ward is graduating from med school and needed someone to watch their 4 girls and visiting relative's 3 boys while they attended the ceremony. Counting Kennedy I had 3 kids under 2 (one a 14 mo old) 4 under age five and a very helpful 8 year old. From 11:30 until 7 pm, I pulled out every babysitting trick I knew to keep those kids entertained. We survived... barely.
After such a physically demanding day, I arrived at our new house more dead than alive. We had planned on sleeping at the house that night and already had an air mattress ready for me to flop down on. This I did and the whole family joined me in a much needed power nap.
After our nap, I ran out to grab a pizza and treats to fuel our long night ahead. Tim did some final preparations on the sub flood and I set about cutting the door trims so the tile would fit neatly underneath.
Once that was done Tim and I started in on the backerboard. For those of you unfamiliar with this building material, it is a cement board that comes in 3' by5' sheets. It is surprisingly heavy and not as easy to cut as the guy at the hardware store let on. We employed several methods to cut these pieces down to size, but the whole project took much longer than anticipated. I finally called it quits around 1 am with 3/4 of the board cut. Tim powered on until all the boards were cut and then crashed for the night.
Tim and the backerboard of doom

No comments:

Post a Comment