Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home Project: Day 2

After another fine day of manual labor I am pleased to announce the nasty tile and linoleum is gone! Tim and his friend Steve ripped it all out last night as well as removed all the doors, baseboards, and even a toilet. Way to go guys. I didn't get a picture of them hard at work, but did get a few shots of the finished product.
I came over in earlier in the day and taped off the rest of the house to protect from dust and tile shards. Kennedy loved to help with the tape. She thought it was a giant roll of stickers. I also removed the remaining cabinet doors and cleaned the upstairs bathroom.
I met some of our neighbor's yesterday and they seem super friendly. The family next door has a 10 year old girl who seems very sweet and the mom is a triplet. I guess the other two sisters are always over visiting (as they were last night) Wouldn't that be nice to have family over that often. *sigh* Anyhow I already feel part of the neighborhood.
On today's agenda I will mainly be prepping our apartment for a mini move. We had already packed up most everything we don't use and it is sitting in boxes all along our walls. So we figured we would get it out of our hair making at least one residence livable. We also have a few furniture pieces to move tonight. I also want to clean the basement bathroom and prep the downstairs storage unit for boxes. Another day of dog hair I'm afraid.
Well I better get a move on it!
Goodbye tile!

Lovely pile of debris sitting on our front porch. I bet our neighbors love that.

The old linoleum. No wonder the previous owner's tiled over it. Very retro!

Miss Kennedy and the disappearing toilet.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish we could come over and help!! I'm SO anxious to get working on a house. If we could help someone else work on theirs maybe it would calm me down a little. Too bad we're in Idaho. We went and looked at a house yesterday that has so much potential. It needs a bit of work but it would be so fun and exciting. I really want to move! I keep imagining what I would do to fix it up. I wish I could get my hands on it! We're not even sure yet if we're seriously looking into buying quite yet but I'd really love to. Sorry for all the blah blah. I'm really excited for you guys and anxious for me. :) I love hearing about all the work you're doing and have planned for your new home! Good luck with today's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting rid of all the debris is the worst part. Looks like you're planning to recycle the tile? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! You've had keys for 2 days and look at all the progress you've made! The Clawson's Really know how to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat! You guys look like pros or something. I think it's all those little touches that make it seem like home. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! Wish we were there to help-- or at least play with kennedy.

    ReplyDelete