Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Project: Day 11 and 12

Despite the long hours put in on the house both Friday and Saturday, I really don't have too much to report. Friday the plumber and his buddy patched up our ceiling with a few sheets of drywall. Shannon Dunnigan came over to help me dry lay the tile and snap our guide lines. When Tim got home we started right in on tiling our entry way. Shannon saved the day by taking Kennedy for the night (I'm not sure why we thought we could tile with a two year old running around). Tim manned the saw and mixed the mud while I spread the mortar and placed the tiles. We made quite the team and finished the whole entry way and hall in one night.
Saturday I headed off to teach piano and drop Kennedy off for a day at the Howard's (thanks a million) while Tim and a friend from the ward loaded a borrowed truck bed up with all the old tile and trash that had been sitting on our front porch. Saturday was free dump day and we felt our neighbors probably did not appreciate seeing our trash everyday. When I got back we started right back into tiling and before we knew it, the morning was gone and we still hadn't taken our load of trash to the dump. Tim hurried off to do that while I prepped the next section of floor. 45 min later Tim returned home with the truck and the trash. The dump had already closed!!! So now we have a truck bed full of tile and no place to put it. Tim has decided it is not worth the $55 to take it to the landfill today so he plans to dump it all back out (this time on the side of our house under a tarp) and try again in two weeks when it will be free. No fun.
The good news is that we got all the tiling done but the pantry closet and doorway out to the garage. I may never stand up straight again after almost 12 hrs on hands and knees, but I think the hunched look is really working for me. We hope to finish up the tile tonight and grout tomorrow. Next up, paint and kitchen backsplash. I better go eat my Wheaties!

6 comments:

  1. fun, fun, fun! I hope the trash is still there when we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brad and I are wondering if we can hire you two for a few days. We've got some home projects that you guys could tackle. We'd even watch Kennedy for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that yoga is very benefical to you while you are pregnant. Don't you think being on your hands and knees for hours can be considered serious cat/cow yoga moves.(ha,ha) Have fun in there Abigail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You guys are home renovation experts. Sounds like you are having fun. Kevin said you will all be coming out for his wedding in August! I hope so! It will be rad to see everyone. P.S. Your dad is awesome. Your parents had a barn raising last Saturday and Russell, Brian, and I all came. Good Times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am exhausted just reading your home improvement saga. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete