Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Big Girl Kennedy!

So I realize that the majority of my blog followers log on for one main reason; pictures of Kennedy. So with all of you in mind, here she is... live from Michigan... the one... the only... Kennedy!
I can't believe how grown up she has gotten. She talks incessantly and is actually starting to make sense. She is such a big helper to me, fetching blankets, unloading the dishwasher (with me), and giving me arm rubs (called "tickles"). I just know she is going to take care of Abigail too.
She has gotten more independent in the last few months. She eats food "her way" (which is usually not at all) and wants almost everything done a particular way. Doing her hair has become more of a challenge because she want to comb it with me or the deal is off. I regret to say I have resorted to bribery. One jelly bean per hair session. Here we go down that slippery slope.
Mostly, this girl is a joy. We love her so much and delight in her everyday surprises. I think that is the best part about being a parent, living in a constant state of suprise. I'm think I'll go wake her up right now and see what today brings!
She has finally grasped the idea of dress-ups. While not obsessed by this activity, she does love a good romp in the high heels and tu-tu.

This lovely face has been covered in the newest product for facials: diaper cream. The funniest part was that she came out of her room from a time-out saying "messy messy". No more unsupervised time-outs.

You can't see it very well, but her hand are filled with bubbles, one of the K's favorite things.

This one doesn't want to go to bed.

So sweet!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, way to give the grandparents what they love. Kennedy you are the cutest. Way to keep your mom on her toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kennedy is so grown up! We can't wait to see her again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO kidding, I went to put lotion on my hands today and when I rubbed it in, it didn't feel right. Sure enough, it was diaper cream.

    Kennedy must have learned that trick from her daddy. When Aaron first met Tim, he seriously had his face COVERED in desitin. Aaron thought my family was SO weird (still does.) Tim was suffering from a bad sunburn and apparently diaper rash cream helps ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way... I'm not just here to see pictures of Kennedy, but I do love seeing these very cute pictures of her! Keep up the good work little K!

    ReplyDelete