Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ding Dong the Chair is Dead!!!

We are gathered here today to celebrate... I mean... morn the passing of a most beloved garage sale find. Worth infinitely more than the mere $25 paid for this stunning brown vinyl "man's chair" our home will never be the same without its comfortable seat and breathtaking stench. Despite the dedicated efforts of Tim to de-stink the chair, the years of mildew and perhaps a dead animal or two prevailed in the end. The chair went to garage sale heaven on Saturday July 23rd around midnight and while it may not be in our house anymore, it will always be in our hearts. The chair is survived by Tim, Rachel, and Kennedy who are sure to live on many happy years now able to breath freely in their own home.
The chair is pictured below after the last of many surgical procedures aimed at saving its place in our home. This particular effort took the greater part of Saturday until finally the time of death HAD to be called.

8 comments:

  1. We are so happy, I mean sorry for your loss!!! I am so glad that you remembered that poor Kennedy has a sense of smell too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Now you just have to get rid of tim's camping shirt. The one with the stripes that you where begging us to steal or borrow for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was hilarious! I hope Tim isn't too sad....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I loved it, probably since we've had to 'let go' of furniture for the same reasons (and being broken...but that's a different story).

    This is your cousin, Janette, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is very clever. I read it to Darrel and we both laughed out loud. You are a creative writer and I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good riddance, eh? no.. that chair was a find once upon a time.

    ps. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the fact that you have a blog? Seriously.. it's so fun to see pictures of you guys and your precious little girl. And by the way, Rach, you look HOT! You're not supposed to be that skinny JUST after having a baby. Girls like me hate girls like you. (but I don't.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel more than most I can appreciate the extermination/removal of this beloved man chair. Let this be a lesson that stinky chairs never stand a chance. I loved the sweet words dedicated to its honor, you two are wonderful

    ReplyDelete