Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Frankenmuth, MI

For our Labor Day weekend we decided to head up to Frankenmuth, MI for the night. For all those unaware of what Frankenmuth is...
a) yes, that is really its name.
b)Dracula does not live there
c)it is a quaint little Bavarian town settled by immigrants back in the day
d)Bavaria was/ is a area in southern Germany
e)there are a million hotels and stores with facades like the opening scene of Beauty and the Beast.

It really was a cute little town, and while Tim and I never quite figured out what one does in Frankenmuth, we did enjoy our stay. Here are some pics from our adventure.
(click to enlarge)

10 comments:

  1. You gotta love Frankenmuth! I still have never figured out what you really DO there except eat famous chicken dinners (why are they famous?) and fudge. Good enough for me! It's so beautiful there this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did you stop at Bronner's? YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are really getting out. You make it look so easy Rachel. And so skinny already. It has been so fun to see Kennedy on Skype, we can't wait until you get her.
    Love ya,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, where are we going when I come? By the way only 42 days left! I love Tim and LIL K's picture on the board you stick your head through. I don't know whatyou call it... I also love your swim suit. Your lookin really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you do everywhere in Michigan? Eat and shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi rachel, Accually I'm 16 in my dreams!
    cor-

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi rachel, Accually I'm 16 in my dreams!
    cor-

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi rachel, Accually I'm 16 in my dreams!
    cor-

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi rachel accualy i'm 16 in my dreams!
    cor-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I'm Tim's cousin who wanted to say your little girl is just too cute! I had a little boy right around the same time and after seeing your pics I totally want to take our little guy swimming.

    ReplyDelete