Thursday, June 5, 2008

Misty Michigan Morning



It has been pretty rainy the last few days and this morning we woke up to almost foggy mist. Today is my day with the car so I dropped Tim off at work and then came home to take some pictures. They really don't do it justice, but you can kind of see what it's like. By the way this lake is the one right behind our house. It has been awesome to just walk out back and have such an amazing view. It amazes me all the different animals I run into each time I step out my door.
Today I ran into two swans with their new gang. (I must say that swans seem much nicer than geese) Tim has more than once seen raccoons when he goes to take out the garbage and we have both gotten used to squirrels darting in front of us as we walk around. The one creature I wish wasn't so abundant is the mosquito. Marissa, you would be toast out here. I got about 3 bites while gardening the other day and it seems like the rain has doubled their numbers. It reminds me of our trip to Nauvoo.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Those little baby swans are so adorable. What are baby swans called? Swanlings? I'm so glad you came to book club; you really added to the depth of the conversation. Usually it takes us a while to dive into the topics but you seemed to keep things flowing so nicely. I hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete