Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Michigan Living




Well, after a month of chaos and adventure we are finally home. I have decided that home equals your own bed which I appreciate more than ever after our run of dirty hostel beds. Here is a picture of Tim on our air mattress bed we bought when we first got into our apartment. The moving company couldn't get us our stuff until three days after we arrived so this impromptu bed had to do. Our biggest problem was that we had no blankets and Tim kept waking up cold at night. We finally tried draping jackets over his feet while he slept.
Now that we are settled in I have had time to take in our new surroundings. Our apartment borders a lake/ nature reserve park so I feel more like I'm camping than living here. It really is beautiful. I will have to post some pictures of the lake. Just today I was getting our little garden area ready and 2 geese and their gaggle come walking up right behind me. They were no more than 5 feet away from me. After papa goose started hissing at me I ran inside and snapped some pictures from a safe distance. How crazy is that!
While the family of geese were not very friendly, our ward has definitely made me feel at home. We were essentially attacked when we arrived by all the people that had heard we were on our way. We have had two dinner appointments and I have already joined the book club and mother's group. However, we were also put to work right away and both Tim and I have callings after only one Sunday. Tim is the 11 year old assistant scout leader and primary teacher and I am the ward choir director. We are both excited to get started on our new callings.

3 comments:

  1. I KNEW you two would make yourselves at home. Rach is getting involved in anything she can and Tim is hanging out with 11 year olds... it was MEANT TO BE!

    love the jackets on Tim's feet.. sounds like you guys are keeping yourselves busy! Your ward is SO lucky to have you there!

    miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my friend went chasing ducks but it wasn't ment to be. We came back empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Choir director! I bet you were really surprised! :) I'm glad that Tim gets to hang out with kids his own age, that's awesome. Love your new blog! I'm glad that you're getting all settled in! We miss you! Evan wanted to come over and see the geese. That's a little too long of a walk for me...sorry!

    ReplyDelete