Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Furniture Purchase!


After almost two years of marriage, Tim and I made our first furniture purchase. We would like to thank the generous contribution of all those who allowed us to put this moment off for so long. We really like our new table and think it goes well in our new home. It has four chairs and a bench for when the leaf is added. It is pretty cool because the leaf is actually hidden under the table and folds out when needed. Very high tech. Well I'm just excited to have a place to eat on after two weeks of spilling food all over myself.
I guess this purchase is a good thing to break us in for the baby stuff we still need to buy. I am shocked by how much a crib and other baby furniture costs. Tim has decided that yard sales are the way to go and they are actually not that bad out here. A lot of people have one kid and sell the whole nursery for way cheap. Not a bad deal.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! And just so you now.. we're going on 8 years of marriage and still have YET to buy a new piece of furniture. I am crossing my fingers that THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so you "know" not now.. sorry for the typo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are two REALLY good consignment stores here that you can find great furniture deals at. One, is Baby Baby in Northville (don't tell them I sent you...it's a long story I'll tell you sometime) and the other is Riley Grace in Plymouth. That one is great, I know the owner and she's awesome. They mostly have clothes but usually always have furniture and gear as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing---I subscribe to another blog I think you'll like. www.babycheapskate.blogspot.com

    They give all the good deals and coupons, etc. Enjoy!

    My email address is anna.onofrio@gmail.com if you wanna email me.

    ReplyDelete