Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blessing Day!

Today Kennedy Sharlan Clawson received a name and a blessing! What a great experience it was. She looked so precious in the dress my mom sewed for her. She was so alert and awake during the blessing, but wasn't fussy at all. Tim said she was being so cute that the priest holding the microphone for him started laughing at her faces. Tim did a wonderful job with the blessing and I couldn't help but feel the love the Lord has for this special little girl. I know she is a choice spirit and I am so grateful that she came to our home.
The choir also sang during sacrament meeting so I felt like I had the opportunity to participate in the day as well. It was sad not to have all the family at her blessing, but it was nice not to have to feed everyone after. (I don't think our apartment would have accommodated half of our family) But Tim's parent's Les and Bev were here to share this experience which was very nice.
Of course we took a million pictures so here are as many as I had the patience to sit here while they upload. Yea Kennedy!!!

11 comments:

  1. I can't decide which animal noise to make at the first picture. Should I be a bowing giraffe or trumpeting elephant? Seriously, Kennedy looked beautiful today. I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful, special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! Thanks for posting these; it's great to see them and celebrate from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so beautiful! I'm so glad I got to be there, and yes, we need to talk about Jillian Michaels...I'm falling off the wagon and I need someone to pull me back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking family. I love the pictures of Kennendy she is growing up. We can't wait to have her come and visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an adorable baby! You and Tim sure reproduce effectively! You should post a video if you can...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow i love the dress, the baby girl, the parents. I love all of you guys out there in Michigan. Ya'll are a giid lookin bunch. You guys do take after the rest of your family though. Or do we take after you.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks so beautiful and big, I am counting the days. Rachie your hair looked amazing as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh shoot, Rachel, I'm so sorry we missed it! Kennedy looked positively radiant, as did you! What a beautiful dress---an heirloom for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! She is adorable! I wish I could hold her. I can tell she is a special spirit just by looking at her. Rachel I'm so glad you are my sister-in-law! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel,

    She is so cute, isn't it fun when they start acting cute and playing. You look gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brad thinks the first picture looks like the lion king... she is a beautiful baby and tim is... well tim

    ReplyDelete