Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thank you everyone!

It has been a while since I blogged, so here is an update. On Friday both Kennedy and I went to see the doctor. Kennedy was diagnosed with Thrush (I guess it's like a yeast infection in her mouth) which luckily with some medication she has almost completely recovered from. She still has a few sores in her mouth that makes it hard to nurse, but I think the worst of it is over.
After going to my appointment, I was sent to the ER with advanced mastitis with a possible abscess. They hooked my up to an IV and got me some antibiotics to slow the infection and then did an ultrasound to test for the abscess. Luckily the infection hadn't gone that far and after a long lonely night in the ER I was sent home. I am feeling much better now and am almost back to normal (but then again what is normal with a newborn)
While going through all this was not a pleasant experience, it taught me a lot about friendship and support. From the minute I posted that I was feeling under the weather, I had two phone calls from friends in the ward asking to help. We received dinners and countless offers to take care of Kennedy or anything else we needed. All your service and encouraging comments made me feel so loved. Even though I was far from home, my new family here in Michigan took care of me while my family back in Utah (and everywhere else they live) helped me with calls and prayers. I am truly blessed. I only hope that I can be there for all of you like you have been for me.
I also owe Tim a huge round of applause for his amazing performance throughout this whole ordeal. He stayed up nights with a very fussy 1 month old while I tried to recover and was there to make me take a hot bath instead of doing the dishes. What a guy I am so lucky.
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I saw your name on Martha Birks blog and I was so excited. As I was about to open your blog I said in my head I wonder if their pregnant and then I open your blog and notice you're not pregnant you have a baby! Congratulations. I also have a baby and he was also born in July; the 4th of July to be exact. Your darling girl is sooooo cute, congrats. I'm sorry to here she had lush, I do hope all the problems get better, because as it is it's hard to take care of a newborn with everything going fine. As I write, I'm rocking Edwin in his bouncy chair with my foot. Oh yeah, I also love the name Kennedy. Anywho when you get time (which comes rarely)check out my blog there are pictures of our cute little baby on there and we also have a couple awesome videos of him. Glad to see what's going on with your family, have fun in Michigan, and I will check in later on how your family is doing.

    Sarah Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach,

    I am SO sorry you have had to go through so much after just having had a baby! And you're away from family! I am very relieved to hear that they have been taking care of you. You are such a capable wonderful girl and deserved to feel loved. We miss you guys and can't wait to see Kennedy! Take care. We were really praying for you (even Zack!)

    Love,
    Janet and boys

    ReplyDelete