Monday, March 1, 2010

January February Highlights

With the lack of pictures on my blog the last few months I can see how many would think the Clawsons have had a slow 2010 so far. Well folks that couldn't be further from the truth.

In early January, we headed out to down town Detroit for the International Auto Show. Cars, cars, and more cars. I couldn't believe how many different makes and models there were not to mention all the different colors and displays. Kennedy was happy as long as she got to sit and "drive" a car occasionally. I liked the different displays. Tim liked that the Ford's display was my favorite. (It really was the coolest)Later in January, on an unseasonable warm day, we ventured out to downtown Plymouth for their annual ice sculpture festival. It is amazing to see what those people could do with a block of ice, especially when the weather threatened to melt their creations before they could finish. The crowds were insane though and we mostly got pushed around in a line/ mosh pit as we walked around the different sculptures. Great fun!February was mainly devoted to the GMAT and house hunting, but we did manage to throw some fun into the mix. Kennedy and I spent a lot of quality time together while Tim was out studying. We played a lot of doggies (which consists of me crawling around the house with a doggie puppet on each hand). I made a lot of phone calls (ok so this part wasn't so fun). While I made those calls, Kennedy was introduced to PBS television. We are now trying to stem her addiction to the "shows" as she calls them. Kennedy got this crazy virus the made her face swell up and made hives appear all over her body (also not fun, but certainly funny looking. I called her Quasimodo girl).

After the GMAT was over and we signed on a house, it was off to Lowe's for many a fun filled Saturday dreaming about projects.Overall, I would say 2010 has treated us well thus far. We look forward to many more adventures in the months to come.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you updated your blog! The pictures sure are cute of Kennedy. I am especially glad you caught one with the infamous hat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I am glad you had a eventful January/ February we were getting worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach, I ould not trust mowing your lawn. Leave that job to the first boy or Tim (sorry Tim). Have fun with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is picture two - Rachel & Kennedy standing in front of a Volt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! New house, how exciting (except for the actual moving part). Are you still renting or buying?

    ReplyDelete