Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Done Deal!

For those of you following the Clawson house buying saga, we are pleased to announce we are now the proud owners of a adorable two-story home in Canton Michigan. We are aware that the location for some of you (Utahns)is less than convenient,(We did consider Tim commuting from Highland to Michigan each week ...not) but we are very excited for how the whole thing turned out. It sounds like we will take possession of the house earlier than expected which should give us plenty of time to add our own flair before moving in. I think we are set on tiling the entry way and kitchen, re-painting the cupboards, and moving a cupboard or two around before moving in. Then of course there are a few rooms I'd like to paint and a ceiling fan to install. And don't forget the vast canvas of an unfinished basement just beckoning to be transformed. Wow being a homeowner is making me tired already... and broke! Anyways, we are very excited and are even more stoked because we get to share our new crib with my sister Marissa and her husband Enoch when they come to visit us at the end of May. I hope they bring their paintbrushes!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Having a home of your own is such a great feeling. A little overwhelming at times, but great. When is everything being finalized? I wish I could be there to help makeover your new home and move in. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! We are so excited for you guys; that is so great! We will have to invite ourselves over sometime! And we own a couple of paint brushes ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! So glad to hear everything went well. Let us know whenever you need tools or some extra hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just let me know when I can come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's SO exciting!! I'm so excited for you guys and a bit jealous. Sometimes it feels like we'll never get to that point. Have fun making your house yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you guys. This is such great news for you. Best of luck with the home repairs/projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROCK ON, home owners! We hope we can come see it this summer... that it, when all the hard work is over :) We are still debating whether or not to bring kids on our trip out there... such a hard decision! Miss you guys and hope you're feeling well Rach! Congrats on the house! Take lots of pictures before you remodel. I always forget to do that.. loves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipee Skipee! I like Monette am very jealous. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete