Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful Easter today. The bunny made his rounds filling plastic eggs with all manner of tasty treats. Kennedy went crazy for the jelly beans both to play with and to eat. Tim has also engaged them as a teaching tool requiring her to say what color they are before eating them.
Besides the candy we also had a yummy dinner. Ham, funeral potatoes, and crescent rolls made for a delicious feast. Add a weekend of great conference talks and you get one fantastic Easter!
However, my favorite part of the day was dressing Kennedy up in her Easter dress. This dress is extra special for many reasons (other than being adorable) 1- It was sewn by my grandma (Kennedy's great-grandma). 2- It is made out of material saved by my grandma from my mom's wedding. It was the left over from the bridesmaid's aprons. 3- My mom sewed the slip to go underneath the dress. She made it extra fluffy to be like the dresses I loved to twirl around in when I was a kid. 4- Finally, I made the matching bow out of left over fabric sent by my grandma. I think it turned out pretty cute, even if it is huge. Quite the Easter dress! Four generations involved if you count the model (Kennedy).
You need to see the twirl to appreciate just how cute this dress is. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kennedy's dress is beautiful! And what a cool history behind it. She looks so cute. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her dress. That is so nice to have it mean something. Way to go Kennedy on the successful Easter Egg hunt. Ella loved ours. Our Stake put one on. It was so much fun! Thanks for posting we love seeing how you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete