Monday, November 9, 2009

Polly want some candy!

Halloween was a huge hit at the Clawson home! Going for a family theme this year I dressed up as a pirate, Kennedy my parrot, and Tim the sailor. It was a blast making Kennedy's costume this year using a few dollar store feather boas and hot gluing felt and googly eyes to a salvation army red hoodie! At first Kennedy was a little nervous about wearing all the feathers around, but as soon as she realized that the get-up equaled candy she was all in! We got her to say "trick-or-treat" but never could catch it on video.
Posing with a pumpkin

Ready for some candy!

"Can we go already?"

Pirate Mom and her Perching Parrot Pal

It's go time!

"Trick-or-Treat!"
We spend Halloween night with some friends from our ward. They had a perfect neighborhood for trick-or-treating and it was fun to have other kids to go with.

Of course we had to stop by our adopted grandma Margret's house before we set off.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your costumes!! So cute and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously so so so so cute! Rachel you look great! I wish I had your talent in this area. P.S can I reserve the parrot costume for when I have a kid Kennedy's age please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! I love the parrot costume, it's such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa,
    The parrot costume is all yours, but it honestly took me 30 min to assemble. Yea for hot glue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute, you guys are really creative :) I love Kennedy's little tights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "perfect parrot pal" comment... most poetic. Oh, and nice costumes as well!

    ReplyDelete