Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Dear Mom,

As I reflect about you today Mom, I can’t help but be proud of you. You are such an amazing woman. You are beautiful, giving, talented, understanding, intelligent, patient, selfless, etc, etc, etc. I know you aren’t perfect, but you are about as close to it as any being I know. As I have received compliments for various things I always think, “Yeah I learned that from my mom”. I am such a lucky kid to be trained at the side of such a master. You are amazing! I know I already used that word, but it just fits you.

I can’t imagine embarking on my own parenting adventure without your example. Even though I will still have to learn a lot of things the hard way, making plenty of mothering mistakes, I can look to you and find hope for survival, inspiration, and sometimes just a sympathetic listener. And I know despite my mistakes, if I do the important things, like you always did, that things will work out all right. I know it wasn’t always easy to raise children in the gospel. It took personal commitment. Even if I never had heard you bear your testimony, I would know what you believe because you worked so hard to teach it to us kids. Thank you for being a courageous parent and for showing me how to love and live the gospel.

I could type for another hour and never truly express my love and gratitude for you. I love you so much! I hope that I can honor you with my life and pass on your legacy of faith to my children. Happy Mothers Day Mom!

Love,

Rachel


p.s. Here is a Mother's Day song from the girls. Kennedy will sing it perfect with actions and everything... as long as I don't try to record it. But here it is anyways. There are two takes so between the two of them you should get a feel for the song. They love you!







No comments:

Post a Comment